My husband has been saying for at least a year that we should watch Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, The Princess Bride (ugh, not again) and the list goes on and on. That’s right guys and gals: He has a list, a spreadsheet to be exact, of television shows. Ok if I’m being honest, he has spreadsheets for a lot of things. He’s been doing this since we first started dating.
Here’s the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
Presenting A List of Spreadsheets that My Husband Has Made for our Hobbies and Life:
- Classic Movies we should watch
- Books we should read
- Classic Books we should read
- Book/TV or Movie Viewing Combos where we should read all the books and then watch all the movies or shows
- Disney World Annual Pass price and value comparisons
- Hotels and Shows for our Vegas Vacation
- Restaurants (not joking) that we want to try
- TV and Movies that Laura NEEDS to watch (also not joking)
- House Updates (For example: paint banister in foyer, add backsplash to kitchen, etc.)
- Any form of a Honey do list. (He is constantly reminding me that he’s so visual.)
I know there’s more. It’s his favorite way to evaluate things. That’s just how he rolls. Don’t worry, I don’t make him put TPS Cover Sheets on them. 🙂 At first WE (yes, mainly me) got a good laugh about it, then I got used to it, and now I even brag about it. Hey, my husband is awesome at Excel spreadsheets and I’m not afraid to say it.
So take his spreadsheet obsession and add to that his belief that in order for me to completely immerse myself in “nerd” culture, there are a list of shows and movies that I may or may not have already seen that I JUST HAVE TO WATCH NOW.
I’m not REALLLLLYYY complaining. 🙂 It’s sweet that my husband wants to spend even more time with me. Watching or reading the next thing in the curriculum always comes with the offer that he’ll watch it or read it too. It’s thoughtful that he takes the nerd and geek lessons that he strives to “teach” me very seriously. I see the pride on his face when I reference a show or creature that 2 months ago I would have never known existed.
So tune in next time for my 1st Nerd Education post about…..reading The Walking Dead Comic Books! The 1st Comic books I’ve ever read.